Serving children and youth is one of our core ministries. Since we are committed to their safety, we've implemented Protection Policies. These policies include a screening process for all staff and for certain volunteers.
Volunteers who work in ministries that serve vulnerable people (children, youth or vulnerable adults) must complete this screening process before they serve:
- A Confidential Protection Application with references
- An interview with a member of the Protection Screening Team. To schedule your interview, contact Isabel Peterson at ipeterson@FullLifeinChrist.org or by calling the church office. The interview usually takes 15-20 minutes.
- An online Protection Training Class, available here: Protection Training Class
- Reference checks. We send volunteer applicants an email that you will forward to your references. The references send their responses back to us.
- A criminal background check
- The six-month rule: Generally, you must be a member or documented participant at St. Peter for six months before serving in a ministry to vulnerable people.
In addition to protecting vulnerable people, this process also protects volunteers and our ministry as a whole. Thank you for partnering with us in protecting people and ministry.
For more information:
- Our Screening Information Sheet
- For School Parents: School Protection Screening Info Flyer.
- The Confidential Protection Application.
- Revisions to our policies made in summer 2017: What's New in Protection Ministry
- Contact Karen Kogler, Director of Volunteer Equipping, at kkogler@FullLifeinChrist.org or 224-387-3837.
- For a copy of our full protection ministry policies, see Karen Kogler